We are currently interviewing candidates at our Chicago offices (Lincoln Park, Winnetka, and Highland Park) for part-time instructor positions.
To apply, please fill out the appropriate application below. You will be asked to upload a cover letter and provide a resume or CV. Thank you for your interest in Academic Approach.
Please continue reading for more details!
Standardized tests are a rite of passage for many middle school and high school students. At Academic Approach, we view these tests as teachable moments: opportunities to mentor students when they are most in need of supportive coaching and intelligent instruction.
Tutoring at Academic Approach provides you with a unique teaching experience. You engage in rewarding, highly personalized one-on-one tutoring programs while enjoying the support of Academic Approach’s expert directors, in-depth training, and state-of-the-art print and online curriculum. Tutors will also have the opportunity to teach in public and private school programs.
In addition to one-on-one tutoring, qualified Academic Approach tutors who have an interest in and talent for classroom instruction may also be selected to lead exciting classroom courses in public and private high schools across the city. Academic Approach classroom programs are an excellent way to gain teaching experience while serving students from diverse communities.
What makes tutoring at Academic Approach so great?
- Flexible scheduling, including available hours during the day, after school, evenings, and weekends
- Competitive compensation with merit-based increases
- A comprehensive and individualized test-preparation curriculum
- Extensive training and ongoing support
- An environment of high-minded, committed teachers
- The reward of effectively mentoring students to reach their greatest potential
What’s required to be part of the Academic Approach team?
- Bachelor’s degree (any subject or major)
- High standardized test scores in English, math, reading or science
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to teach and mentor successfully
- Responsibility, honesty, and maturity
- Friendliness, patience, and sensitivity to a diverse audience of students
- Ability to travel and provide in-home tutoring
What can you teach at Academic Approach?
You may apply to teach either the verbal portions of the standardized tests (critical reading, vocabulary, grammar, essay writing) or the math/science portions, or you may apply to teach both. As most of our teaching takes place in students’ homes and at schools, candidates must have reliable transportation.