Collaborating with You
Working with school leadership and faculty in a coordinated manner, Academic Approach helps gather, analyze, and draw important insights from college-readiness testing data. Based on the data, we work with your faculty to develop responsive instruction both within and across departments that seamlessly weaves skill-based test preparationtm into your weekly instruction.
Your faculty will learn to develop and deliver lessons that teach vital college-readiness skills, use assessments to analyze student progress, and use data to drive continued instructional planning for your unique student body.
Professional development includes:
- Orientation to the ACT and the standards it assesses, including Career and College-Readiness Standards and the Common Core State Standards
- Analysis of your student data through the Data Driven Instructional Cycle (DDIC) process, including
- Prioritization of high-impact, high-need skills, as evidenced by our unique Raw Score Gain Report
- Analysis of student misconceptions through item analysis
- Development of an instructional response, rooted in the data
- Opportunities for collaboration across departments and grade levels
Professional development sessions are typically 60-90 minutes in length and are flexibly administered to accommodate your busy schedule.