Please click here to view all open positions:
Why Academic Approach?
Enjoy the support of Academic Approach’s expert directors, in-depth training, and extensive, rigorously designed print and curriculum for online tutoring all created in-house. We are confident that you will raise scores, build skills, and empower students to achieve their goals. We currently have openings for the following part-time positions:
- You’ll work with the tutor support team to create a schedule that fits your life. One-on-one tutoring usually occurs after school or on weekends, with some weekday hours available as well. Classroom instruction typically happens during the school day.
In-person, paid training with individualized test preparation curriculum
- Work with veteran tutors, instructors, and other staff members to hone your teaching skills, master relevant content, and develop your own individual tutoring and teaching style.
- You’ll receive our industry-leading curriculum to use with your students, but you’ll also learn how to use student data to customize your approach since no two programs look alike.
- After training, enjoy various opportunities for professional development and other activities that help us build community in our organization.
Full-time and internal growth opportunities available
- Pay starts at $30-$40 per instruction hour, and Academic Approach offers semi-annual reviews to discuss potential growth and professional development opportunities.
- Our most successful tutors have been with us for over a decade.
- Full-time tutors and instructors qualifying for benefits receive medical, vision, dental, disability insurance, and a 401(k).
- Many of our successful tutors have transitioned into full-time roles in various departments.
Meaningfully impact students’ lives
- Benefit from Academic Approach’s eighteen-year history and expertise in supporting students
- The test growth your students will experience may be the difference-maker in earning admission to their dream university or a scholarship that makes attending college a reality.
- Instructors will learn to offer highly personalized test preparation solutions one student at a time, tailoring instruction to the unique needs of each student.
What makes for a great Academic Approach instructor?
- A bachelor’s degree in any subject or major
- High standardized test scores in English, reading, math, or science
- Excellent communication skills
- Some experience in teaching, mentoring, or leadership
- Responsibility, honesty, maturity, and empathy
- Friendliness, patience, and sensitivity to students of varying backgrounds
Academic Approach is firmly committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, amnesty status, or veteran status. Applicants of diverse backgrounds, skillsets, and experiences are especially encouraged to apply.