Small-Group Academic Learning
Personalized, Social Learning
To support students with further academic development and skill growth, we offer Study Teams to supplement classroom learning.
An Academic Approach Study Team, similar to a learning pod, is led by an expert instructor to provide a customized, collaborative, satisfying small-group learning experience. Study Team are designed to supplement students’ school education and ensure students meet and exceed grade-level learning requirements.
Our Study Teams support academic preparation that:
Size and Standards of Success
Successful Study Teams require highly personalized learning experiences. The larger the group, the less personalized, so we limit our groups to three students.
- We recommend students be of similar academic skill levels to maximize success–typically performing within one “grade.” For students with highly specialized needs, we recommend individualized instruction.
- Students in a group must be enrolled in the same course at the same school, and families need to come with pre-formed groups.
We continue to offer our one-on-one tutoring as well. Families may choose to add a Study Team to their student’s one-on-one program if they would like the added social element.
We schedule study team sessions seven days a week. We will work around your unique school schedule, so families may choose whether to schedule sessions during the evenings or on their school’s self-paced (asynchronous) learning days.
- Sessions typically occur virtually.
- For families that prefer in-person, please share that and we will check availability.
- We typically recommend a minimum of 1-2 hours per week per academic subject, though needs may vary depending on the student or group.
A Study Team’s instructor provides nuanced explanations, thoughtful scaffolding to teach precursor skills, and stretch instruction to push the level of rigor higher. Instructional gaps are filled, and advanced material is presented. Based on the school’s e-learning plan and individual course curriculum, students will engage with their study team instructor around challenging areas and needed supports throughout the course.
- We help our students grow to the next level of academic readiness by customizing, setting rigorous goals, and supporting our students in meeting them.
- As with our other services, we continue to prioritize engaged, active learning, and emphasize building rapport to make every minute count.
Virtual tutoring ensures personalized learning from the safety of students’ homes. For in-office or in-home tutoring (subject to availability), we adhere to state and local protocols, following recommended practices to ensure the health and welfare of our students and instructors.
Learn about the first steps and how to schedule your free consultation.
Test Prep Tutoring
Find out more about our one-on-one tutoring for ACT & SAT preparation.
Schedule an information session for a group of your friends or colleagues.