Academic Approach integrates e-learning best practices with rigorous, college preparatory curriculum to deliver high-quality instruction for students while they’re at home. These courses keep them on track for college readiness and college entrance exams.
- Mathematical Foundations (8 hours)
- Supports mastery of essential math basics many students may have missed, including ratios & proportional thinking, unit conversions, and percents
- Algebra II for College-Level Rigor (8 hours)
- Explores key Algebra II concepts, such as nonlinear equations and functions, at the level of rigor seen on the ACT and SAT
- Math for the Real World (8 hours)
- Includes math skills students need to thrive in college and beyond, including data analysis and statistics
- Undefeated Minds (10 hours)
- Equips students with a “resilience toolkit” to navigate challenging times developed by the University of Chicago’s Urban Education Institute.
Standardized Test Preparation:
- Preparing for the ACT (24 hours)
- Focuses on the core principles tested on each section of the ACT, including practice tests
- Preparing for the SAT (24 hours)
- Focuses on the core principles tested on each section of the SAT, including practice tests
How our SAT and ACT Courses Work
Data-Driven Instruction Raises Test Scores
Academic Approach applies the research-based, data-driven instructional cycle to its test preparation courses
Assessment – Each class begins with a diagnostic assessment of each student
Analysis – Results are analyzed to design a custom syllabus for each class
Action – Instruction of skills-based curriculum is implemented to be responsive to student needs
Repeat – Assessment, analysis, and customization of curriculum continue to ensure students experience increases in test scores and improvements in achievement in high school, college, and throughout their careers
Academic Approach is constantly innovating the best ways to maximize student achievement through direct instruction to students and ongoing teacher support. In Chicago, New York, and Boston, Academic Approach partners with schools to bring our robust, skills-based curriculum to a large student audience in the form of prep courses for the ACT, SAT, PSAT, and High School Entrance Exams.
Each of these standardized tests assess content taught over multiple school years. Often, students have either forgotten many of these skills or never mastered them to the right level of rigor, so Academic Approach classroom courses provide the lesson refreshers and rigorous content your students need. Students walk away with increased confidence, mastery of high-impact skills, and personalized strategies to use on test day.
Each course begins with a diagnostic test, which provides data to customize the course syllabus for each specific student cohort. Students then receive instruction on the group’s most common and immediate needs, focusing on both skills and strategies for success on college-readiness exams.
Our test prep courses include:
Every Student is Different
We know our students; each one is unique, and each one requires a different approach, especially during these unprecedented times. That is why our ACT, SAT, and Middle School test prep is customized to each student and school partner.
We improve your students’ standardized testing by tailoring our research-based, expert instruction and curriculum to your needs, and we can get started with you right away.